Bartram’s Garden is a place where people of all ages can access the Lower Schuylkill River—the quiet eight-mile stretch of tidal river from the Fairmount Dam at the Art Museum to the Delaware River confluence—for boating, fishing, and exploring.
Boating and fishing programs include:
- Saturday Free Boating
- Summer Tuesday Free Boating.
- Last Wednesdays Free Fishing:
- Fishing Equipment Loaner Program.
- Moon Rowboating. Once a month we light up our fleet of skiffs for an evening party on the river with DJ DuiJi.
- Tuesday Paddles for Bartram’s Garden members.
- Patriot Harbor Lines Cruises
- Launch your own boat on the river from our site.
Join us on a youth-led guided paddling trip down the tidal Cooper River through Camden to learn about the fascinating ecological and industrial history of this piece of the Delaware Watershed.
The route finishes with stunning views of the Philadelphia skyline from the back channel of the Delaware River.
Throughout the summer, each trip is led by our trained RiverGuides, all of whom are Camden youth. The trip is fully outfitted with boats and equipment. Contact Rachel Abbott to learn about additional environmental education paddling field trip opportunities and private tours for your students, after school program, or conservation group.
All paddlers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
UrbanPromise offers its Ecology History Paddle program to the public, including those living in and outside Camden City. All participants must register at least 24 hours prior to the launch.